– News –
Read the current news about Ney’s music.
The “NEY ROSAURO SONG BOOK FOR VIBRAPHONE” is ready. A collection of short beautiful pieces and etudes written for vibraphone that can also be performed on marimba or piano. These pieces are based on the themes of my main concerti with orchestra and they comes with chord symbols to help the understanding of the harmony. Fun to play and well written these pieces will help you to grow technically and musically or just to expand you repertory.
– Take your “FREE SAMPLE” at the “WORKS” and “FREE MUSIC” menu, or to purchase the entire book go to “SOLO/VIBRAPHONE”
Four exciting Brazilian dances written for Marimba (5 octaves or low”A”) and Flute (Violin or even other G clef instrument).
I) Danca, II) Bossa/Choro, III) Valsa, IV) Coco
Each movement last about 4-5 mins.
– Take your “FREE SAMPLE” at the “WORKS” and “FREE MUSIC” menu, or to purchase the entire suite go to “DUETS/TRIOS”
- The first few videos are in Portuguese and I teach how to work on my “Complete Method for Snare Drum” and other method books plus different subjects. Later I will start videos in English covering other pedagogical material and some marimba and vibraphone pieces . – All will be free of charge.
- Nos primeiros videos eu ensino como trabalhar em meu Metodo Completo para Caixa Clara e meus outros metodos didaticos incluindo percussao multipla, timpanos e mallets. Tambem apresento videos sobre outros assuntos relativos a percussao sinfonica. Em breve pretendo comecar com videos em Ingles trabalhando minhas obras para marimba e vibrafone, etc.. – Tudo é totalmente gratis..
Now I am selling almost all my music in PDF format through this website. It is also possible to EZ-rent all concerti directly from here. The prices are very affordable and there are no added shipping costs, so all the material goes by email and can reach any country. The hard copies of most of the pieces are still available at all major percussion dealers for those who prefer to have the sheet music.- This should make it easier for people all over the world to get my music easily.
A gorgeous and unique concerto that features the marimba and the timpani as solo instruments. This combination is rare to be found in the percussion literature, so this piece will be a highlight in any percussion/orchestra program.
It is written in 4 movements and lasts about 25 minutes and includes lyrical melodies, challenging rhythms and demanding solo parts for both soloists. The marimba part requires a 5 octave instrument and the timpani part requires lots of pedal tuning on 5-6 timpani. To be played with Chamber Orchestra, Large Percussion Ensemble or with Piano reduction.
Check video below
– Now all my concerti with orchestra or with wind ensemble will be also available as EZ-Rent. This means that you can easily rent the scores and parts in PDF format through my website and get them right away through your email without paying shipping costs. All you have to do is fill out the rental agreement and choose what type of ensemble will play the piece (student, semi-professional or professional).
– Also now all the orchestral and wind ensemble scores are available for sale in PDF format, and in some titles you can get even the all parts through your email.
This new exciting piece is rapidly becoming one favorite in the mallets repertoire. In 4 movements it explores all possible colors produced by the vibraphone plus gorgeous melodies and groovy rhythms. Check out videos and download a free solo part at the concerto’s webpage.
Any audience will love this piece. Easier now to get it performed just with strings instead of a full orchestra.
Listen now to the recording of Mar.Concerto N.2 with String Orchestra performed by Katarzyna Mycka,
Lead to the Concerto Nº2 for Marimba page to learn more about the work.
NEW MARIMBA PIECE NOW AVAILABLE – “MESTRE ZEFERINO” for solo marimba (5 octaves) was written for the 2nd Latin American Marimba Festival in Chiapas, Mexico. This piece is a fantasy from a theme by master Zeferino Nandayapa, a marimba legend in Mexico.
Visit the page about Mestre Zeferino for more information about this piece.
Gorgeous duet for Marimba and Soprano – A Song (Cobalt Blue)
With lyrics by KEIKO ABE. This mystic and lyrical piece is NOW available for sale only in PDF format here. Click here for more information about A Song.
Duet for Marimba or Vibraphone, and Voice – Memories
These pieces with lyrics by Katie Johnson are available for voice and marimba or vibraphone accompaniment. Memories 1 is slower and more meditative and Memories 2 is a lively dance to celebrate life. The score and parts are available only in PDF format click here for more information about Memories.